See the full 7.3 PTR Feedback on World of Warcraft Forum here.
- PTR Development Notes – Build 24829
- “Week 1” is currently active on the PTR. This includes the first two story chapters and their related unlocks, including World Quests in the first two Argus areas.
- “Week 2” will activate tomorrow, August 16. This includes the next couple chapters of the story, access to the third Argus area, and Invasion Points
- “Week 3” will activate Friday, August 18. This includes the remaining story chapters and the rest of 7.3’s non-raid content, such as the Seat of the Triumvirate dungeon and access to the Netherlight Crucible.
As this testing continues, please let us know if you encounter any strange errors or inconsistencies. Thanks!
- Raid Testing Schedule – 27 August
Wednesday, August 2ndPortal Keeper Hasabel – Heroic Antorus, the Burning Throne
13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)Eonar the Life-Binder – Heroic Antorus, the Burning Throne
14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)Thursday, August 3rdImonar the Soulhunter – Heroic Antorus, the Burning Throne
13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
Kin’garoth – Heroic Antorus, the Burning Throne
14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)
Friday, August 4th – Monday, August 7th
Portal Keeper Hasabel, Eonar the Life-Binder and Imonar the Soulhunter – Normal Antorus, the Burning Throne
As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a PTR environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.
Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
A: In Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade Sr. in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)
Q: What character should I use to test the raid?
A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players’ effective level to 110 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested.
Q: How long does testing last?
A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we’re satisfied that we’ve received that information for a given boss, we’ll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.
- 7.3 PTR Build Deploy – 25 July
PTR realms will once again come down for a new 7.3 build deploy. No ETA for today’s push but I’ll ping this thread if things look like they’re going to take longer than usual (~4-6 hours).As always, leaving this thread open for discussion as long as conversations remain civil and adhere to forum guidelines.Thanks for your patience everyone!
- Build 24608 – 18 July
- The Seat of the Triumvirate 5-player dungeon
- The third (and final) area of Argus, including World Quests
- The Frost Death Knight updates we mentioned a few days ago
- A few new updates, quests, and World Quests for Professions
- The Netherlight Crucible
The Netherlight Crucible (accessible from the Vindicaar after completing the quest “An Offering of Shadow”) is a new way to upgrade new and existing Artifact Relics by adding additional effects and item levels. As your Artifact grows in power, the system will expand to allow more and more customization. We’d love your feedback on this system, including on the pacing of the upgrades as well as the upgraded effects themselves, so please let us know what you think!
At this stage, most of 7.3’s content is now available for testing on the PTR (with the raid being a notable exception). From this point, we’ll be focusing primarily on fixing bugs and tightening up the new content based largely on your feedback, so if you haven’t checked out the PTR yet, now’s a great time. Thanks, and happy testing!
Wowhead’s coverage of 7.3 PTR Build 24608 Datamining – Frost Death Knight and Tier 21 Set Bonus Updates
- Build 24539 – 12 July
Wowhead’s coverage of 7.3 PTR Build 24539: Tier 21 Set Bonuses, Concordance and Feral Druid Updates
- Build 24500 – 7 July
- Build 24473 – 29 June
- Further chapters of the Argus storyline, including many cinematic story moments
- New World Quests
- Professions updates, including epic gems
- The Netherlight Crucible, which allows you to upgrade your Artifact to unlock a new way to customize your Relics
- New dungeon: Seat of the Triumvirate
- New raid: Antorus, the Burning Throne (though as with other Legion raids, it won’t be released immediately with 7.3)
- Invasion Points, a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds
- Several other improvements and updates to existing features
As the PTR process continues, we’ll provide updates with each build on what’s new. Thanks, and happy testing!